I had a number of design concepts in my mind given the space available was 27’ x 21’6” (8.23m x 6.55m) in the double garage
I wanted to achieve the following:
- Oil refinery.
- Iron ore mine.
- Hidden staging.
- A couple of regional towns.
- The ability to turn a complete train.
- A area with a valley & ridges.
- Access to a helix to get to the lower level.
- Visitors to be able to watch two trains circulating on the upper level.
I wanted to avoid:
- Small and medium radius turnouts on the mainline.
- Narrow isles.
- Electrical DCC bus runs of greater than nine metres.