I arrived with Rosslyn on 24th July and we traveled from Heathrow to York where we visited the York Museum before traveling to Porthmadog in Wales to ride the Welsh Highland Railway and the Ffestiniog Railway before returning to London on 29th July.
Following this I spent until 25 August travelling England and Scotland with my wife Kaye.
The trains ridden on are detailed below.
- Heathrow – London Kings Cross
- London Kings Cross – York
- London Paddington – Penzance
- Cardiff – London Paddington
- London Euston – Watford Junction
- Stratford – Southampton – Stratford
- London – Edinburgh
- London Paddington – Stratford
Scot Rail and the The Edinburgh Tram
- Edinburgh – Inverness
- Fort William – Glasgow
- Glasgow – Edinburgh – Glasgow
- Inverness – Kyle of Lochalsh – Inverness
- Invrness – Wick & Thurso – Inverness